Does the news on your local Fox affiliate resemble the Fox News Channel?

I have read that "Fox News has stressed that affiliates are separate entities from Fox News Channel, and Fox News has no editorial oversight of any Fox affiliate." *

Do you find that claim to be accurate? Is the news on your local Fox affiliate similar to the news on the other local channels?

Or do you find your local Fox affiliate to have a similar slant to the news as the Fox News Channel?

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_cont...

• Favorite Answer

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY TO THIS IS THAT I DISCOVERED IT TO BE THE EXACT SAME(AND STUPID)FOX...NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE. I MOVED FROM SC TO OH AND IT IS THE SAME, I VISITED FL FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND IT IS THE SAME, SO I REALLY DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANY DIFFERENT. IF I WANT ACCURATE NEWS I GO TO MY COMPUTER AND READ AP OR REUTER, BECAUSE THE NEWS MEDIA DOES WHITEWASH A LOT THEY GET AND LEAVE OUT A LOT OF STUFF...NO MATTER WHICH NEWS CHANNEL YOU WATCH

In regards to the San Francisco bay area I find News Corp.'s (Fox News) statement to be true.

The cable news network and the affiliate station are significantly different in their delivery of news content, writing, and style.

One of the few times that I see a commonplace among the cable outlet and the affiliate is when there is breaking/urgent national news. This is when the affiliate switches news delivery to the cable outlet (i.e. 9/11).

Most importantly keep in mind that Fox News Channel (News Corp.) don't own all of their affiliates. A smaller media group goes into an agreement with Fox (or any other network) to carry their signal, national broadcast news, and programming.

Chicago area. Not at all. Probably more the contrary.

as different as black and white -- literally.