jamie t asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Have any perimenopausal women tried prescription weight loss medication? Did it work for you?

Favorite Answer

I have tried them and yes if you discontinue use you will get it back plus double.!!! The only thing that is hopeful for women of our delicate age is to find a Gym, not a fancy one, or not a total woman one. When you go to one of these total women quote Spa/Workout you have to worry about snickers behind your back from rich naughty bitc*** that have nothing to do, but take time up until their cheating husband get home. No really you want to go to a place that is clean, but where you can really go and work out without any distractions. I worked out three times a week maybe four depending on work and kids, and withing six months I was down to a healthy size 3. I say healthy because I was not skinny, but tone and that looks way better at a much older age. Muscles fill the gap the fat no longer fills and it leaves no wrinkled skin. We have to remember that we can look good at any age, but it will always take work. There is no miracle pill out there to keep or take off the pounds only hard work...

YES!!!! I would recommend it to anyone. I was 209 in February and using the weight loss medication has brought me down to 167. I am exercising and doing much better. The only problem is that once you stop taking it you will gain weight unless you be vigilent. It doesn't take weight off like a magic pill. You still have to work at it. it basically takes the edge off, and you have to do the rest, but it does help! i had my daughter take it, and she lost 60 pounds. You only seem to loose so much weight...so don't do it unless you are really going to follow the program of excercise and weight loss.

switch from pouring your cereal straight from the box to using a measuring cup to cut your cereal calorie count in half

90 minute ride on horse back

love the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino skip the whole milk and whipped cream which packs in 410 calories total and order the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino light which is only 140 calories

• ?

savory umami ingredients such as mushrooms low sodium soy asparagus and olives can help you feel full and add an earthy home y quality to your healthy dishes

• Marian

give your protein extra low calorie flavor by adding a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce

drink 8 cups of water a day

create emergency packs filled with healthy foods such as nuts fruits or sliced vegetables to help you avoid unhealthy temptations

Better to avoid diet when you re under a lot of stress