Andy
Lv 6
Andy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Best film adaptation of a novel ?

For me it is either Dr Zhivago (the David Lean film) or Bladerunner (Phillip K Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)

What is it for you ?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Jane Eyre" (1983 version) starring Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke; also "A Room With A View" (1985) starring Helena Bonham-Carter and Julian Sands

• 1 decade ago

Actually The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was an excellent adaptation. It was very true to the book! You can't leave out the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Harry Potter!

• Jaded
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I´ve unfortunately never seen Dr Zhivago, but yeah i heard it was a really good adaptation. The best one that i can think of from the ones i´ve seen would probably be the Lord Of The Rings.

• 1 decade ago

Dracula (1992 version) It was somewhat close to the book but had a lot of stuff added that was not in the book. The Color Purple, Beloved (this movie is a bit disturbing), Phantom of the Opera (The Silent Movie Version), Frankenstein, thats all I can think of right now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Outlaw Josie Wales; from the novel: Gone To Texas by Forrest Carter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interview with a Vampire was almost precise to the book and there are some HOT actors in there, even though I don't like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise anymore.

• 1 decade ago

The Lord of the Rings of course.

But also there are some others that are truly great...

Sense and Sensability

Pride and Prejudice (the newest one)

Gone with the Wind

just to name a few....

• 1 decade ago

Silence of the Lambs. Red Dragon and Hannibal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

for me, it has to be the Princess Diaries, I loved Anne Hathaway in it and seriously hope that they'd follow the real original novel.... Unlike In Princess Diaries 2 , it was so not in the book. I want them to follow up to the current novel (March 2006).

• 1 decade ago

John Grisham ,The Jury

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.