Andy
Andy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Best film adaptation of a novel ?

For me it is either Dr Zhivago (the David Lean film) or Bladerunner (Phillip K Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)

What is it for you ?

Favorite Answer

"Jane Eyre" (1983 version) starring Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke; also "A Room With A View" (1985) starring Helena Bonham-Carter and Julian Sands

Actually The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was an excellent adaptation. It was very true to the book! You can't leave out the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Harry Potter!

• Jaded

I´ve unfortunately never seen Dr Zhivago, but yeah i heard it was a really good adaptation. The best one that i can think of from the ones i´ve seen would probably be the Lord Of The Rings.

Dracula (1992 version) It was somewhat close to the book but had a lot of stuff added that was not in the book. The Color Purple, Beloved (this movie is a bit disturbing), Phantom of the Opera (The Silent Movie Version), Frankenstein, thats all I can think of right now.

The Outlaw Josie Wales; from the novel: Gone To Texas by Forrest Carter.

Interview with a Vampire was almost precise to the book and there are some HOT actors in there, even though I don't like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise anymore.

The Lord of the Rings of course.

But also there are some others that are truly great...

Sense and Sensability

Pride and Prejudice (the newest one)

Gone with the Wind

just to name a few....

Silence of the Lambs. Red Dragon and Hannibal.

for me, it has to be the Princess Diaries, I loved Anne Hathaway in it and seriously hope that they'd follow the real original novel.... Unlike In Princess Diaries 2 , it was so not in the book. I want them to follow up to the current novel (March 2006).

John Grisham ,The Jury