How do i get a moped license in spain being british?

I have passed my theory test in England and need to get mobile asap in Spain, not sure if moped is quicker and or cheaper. Also do i need to retake my theory test?

Favorite Answer

ah ha i really do know the answer to this!!!!!!!!!I live in Spain Malaga been here almost 9 years. The theory test youve taken in UK has no relevance here in Spain. You go along to a driving school, pay them 210 Euros and theyll give you a Theory book to learn all over agin..the book is in SPANISH ONLY. Dont worry a week later or the same day you get your book you can sit your multiple choice thery test there are 9 sections and 30 questions each section. You are allowed a maximum of 3 mistakes per section. The laugh about all this is that the theory book has all the test question answers in the back and YES you HAVE to take in the bok to the exam. In other words you cheat and get 100%. The school will then check your papers to make sure you havent got any wrong then send them off to Madrid. Within 4 - 6 weeks you go back to the school to collect your moped license. THERE IS NO PRACTICAL TEST> This only applies to 50cc bikes. If you want to ride over 125cc you DO need to take a practical driving test. If you have aUK car driving license..FULL NOT PROVISIONAL you can drive a moped without taking any further tests.

The answer someones just given about an International License does not apply, you dont need one if you have your UK license. Also remember if you become an official resident here in Spain there is still confusion on whether you have to surrender your UK lisence and change it for a spanish one. I did but that was three years ago when that was cumpulsory

Source(s): My wife just went through all this palarver two months ago

Moped Practical Test

In Spain, you only need a proper driving license if your motorbike is at least 125cc, otherwise, you just need to pass a small stupid exam to get it.

If you want to drive a car or a motorbike 125cc or bigger then you need to do the proper test to get the license which inlcudes theory and practical.

Source(s): Spanish living in UK

Get an international license, my dad got one when he went to canada