hwo to connect power box thingy?

i bought a new power box thing (the one with a fan in it) but i dont know how to set it up (where to plug things).

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming you are referring to the power supply in your computer they are fairly simple to install. First you will need to remove the old one Start by removing the screws from the back and lifting it up enough to clear the hole. Dont unplug anything from the motherboard or peripherals yet if you can avoid it. Next place the new one in the old ones place. Then simply match the connectors from the old one to the new as you remove them. If this is not possible, then her is a short description of the cables. First the main board power cable is usually a 20 pin connector about 1.5 inches in length, can only go in one way. Next would be the processor power cable which is normally four pins and square and again will only fit one way. After that is plugging up the devices attached to the motherboard. Most will use the 4 pin rectangular connector. The only exception maybe the floppy drive if you have one it is a small 3 pin connector and there is usually only one of these. Hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

I'm assuming its a power supply for your PC, if so than you'll need a phillips screw driver (looks like a + sign), open your pc case (all power off), and just remove the old one and put the new one in remembering to reconnect the wire where the old ones were.

• 1 decade ago

well, the easy answer to that is that you can't plug the plug's on the inside in wrong, it'll only fit where they are supposed to...

cheers!

• 1 decade ago

You could try reading the manual, that's what it's there for!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.