Bloated, High BP, Swelling etc?

My tummy is extremely bloated, Lower Abdominal Pain, swollen feet, BP 147 over 97, heartburn and I am only 5 weaks 5 days pregnant. I know these are not only Pregnancy symptoms unless something is wrong. I am uncomfortable and not sure is this possible Water retention??? I can only get an app with the doctor late next week as this not an emergency.

Could Pre-eclampsia start so early in pregnancy? I have had this with both my previous pregnancies and was booked off work but it only started after 30 weeks of pregnancy.

Favorite Answer

I would definitely see if you can get in to the doctor sooner. Lower abdominal pain can be a symptom of impending miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus).

It might be nothing, but better safe than sorry. Call the doctor, tell them you're having the pain, and see if they can get you in sooner. Perhaps they can do blood work and see if your beta hCG levels are in the right range. With an ectopic, they aren't, usually - they are low.

long story short... went through preeclampsia 2 times and was told that i needed to be on bed rest. when i'd have a spell... dizziness, vision disturbances, headache... i was told to lay down on my left side. works like a charm! also, staying calm is important. my oldest was 4 during my last pregnancy so that wasn't always easy, i know. i see no reason why a bit of left side relaxation now and then wouldn't work for you but ultimately you should ask your doctor this question. the induction IS a pain in the ***...-did that twice myself- but labor and delivery are painful no matter how you do it. another thing... why does it sound like you had no choice in how your next baby is delivered? you were "told" you'd be having a c-section? i know that way too many doctors "suggest" repeat c's and sort of scare the women into having them when it may not be needed. clear communication is key with any doctor for any reason you're being seen. good luck.

If i were you i'd go to the hospital as soon as possible for a check up. It sounds a bit like pre-eclampsia which has got to do with the high bp and being bigger than normal. It can be very dangerous so go as soon as possible. Don't muck around with anything like this. Trust your gut feeling on this. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

bp that high i'd see a doctor sooner, something not right

u need to go to the emergency room and get that checked if u can't get to your doctor, or just go to your doctor as a walk in. do something quick, as in today, right now. thats for your health and your baby. good luck

This is something you need to see a medical doctor about.

• kara

i would go see the doctor sooner.