Why do I have to resize my buddy list before I can minimize it in Windows Vista Beta?

• Stuart
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like a video driver issue.

The video driver is a set of instructions that tells the screen what to display. If the driver is older, it may not be able to keep up with the latest software demands.

To find out, RIGHT CLICK the MY COMPUTER icon. Select PROPERTIES. For most versions of Windows, click the tab marked DEVICE MANAGER. (For Windows XP, click the tab marked HARDWARE, and then the button marked DEVICE MANAGER.)

Scroll down the list until you see VIDEO ADAPTER. Click the plus sign next to it. A new line of text will appear. Click that line of text. Click the tab marked DRIVER. Check the date.

Next, go to the website where your video adapter was made (www.radeon.com , www.s3.com , etc) and locate the latest driver they have available for download. Compare the date with your adaptor.

If theirs is newer, download and install it.

Don't know. This is the last MicroCrap OS that I will use. Linux is far better.