Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

using condom is totally safe?

I dont want to get pregnant and i don't want to take oral contraceptive pill.

• Ashley
    Favorite Answer

No matter what type of protection you use there is still that chance you could get preg.

Well I'm 3 months pregnant. My partner and I were using condoms and contraceptive foam faithfully. But to my surprise I'm having another baby. The pill doesn't always protect you from getting pregnant I know of 3 people who were on the pill with all of their children.

A condom has a surprisingly high failure rate. The best thing to do if you don't want to get pregnant is to not have sex. The second best thing is the pill. With a condom you take your chances, but it's better than nothing. Make sure that the condoms are new/fresh and that your partner is wearing it correctly. This will improve the chances of it not breaking.

• claire

No form of contraception is 100% safe. 99.9% maybe but that's the best it can get because you can't rule out a tiny hole or it splitting! Have one of everything. That should do it! Failing that, try the implanon implant like I did. It's inserted in your arm and it lasts 3 years. Your doctor will tell you about it. It takes about five minutes to put in and they use anaesthetic so it doesn't hurt. Then you can forget it for 3 years, after that they can just replace it. It's really good!

No it's not 100% safe, The only thing that is 100% safe is not to have sex. There is more than just the pill, there is a shot and patch. Talk to your parent, If you are sexually active, you need to talk with your parent you don't want to get aids or a std.

using a condom is Never 100 % safe speak to family planning clinic that's what they are their for to discuss the thees and thous of contraception and take your partner with you if need be there are other means of contraception available

If you use condoms, you have to be sure that they are the CORRECT size (no use letting him boast he's a XXXL, it'll only slip off, and if too small, it may split), and even then, it's not an absolutely 100% guarantee... plus one of you may be allergic to latex... unlikely but it can happen... you'd probably be best advised to use some form of protection yourself...

not an absolute

things you can do to prevent it from breaking during sex are using lots of lube

if its rough sex replacing the condom half way through

and make sure you are putting it on properly

you should also check out condom types in your local drug store/chemist.

some are quite thick and you can also get them in different sizes to fit your dudes dude

best of luck

no birth control method,condoms,pills,patch,shot is 100% guarantee. if you don't want to become pregnant have him pull out when he comes even if he has on a condom so that there's no chance of leakage. either that or don't have sex.

condom is not 100% safe, nothing is BUT if it to avoid gettin pregnant you can try. You have to know this, even with condoms MOST girls still avoid sex during their periods.

Source(s): me
  • Lisa

It is a good choice to prevent pregnancy but nothing you do will be 100%. Condoms will help prevent STDs also. So i would suggest using one.