Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

How do i change my browser setting and also add a connection its saying my modem is dis connected?

Favorite Answer

your modem installation in the mother board may have become loose. put of the computer. open the box, remove the modem and refix, n then start the computer.

Check your settings on the Tools menu of Internet Explorer - click on the Internet Options item, click on the Connections tab, see if you can find an area that you have misconfigured.

I suspect unfortunately that your ISP may be dropping you for lack of activity. There is an easy wasy to fix this - leave Outlook Explorer open - have it set to send and recieve you email - set it to check for new mail every 2 or 3 minutes - this will keep a small level of activity on the connection and often keeps it alive - good luck!

Source(s): Experience, job, ect
  • Jerry

You add connections to your computer, not to your browser.

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections, and look for a link to add a network connection. Follow the instructions that come up.