ame asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 decade ago

i am 15 and i want to start swimming.is it too late?

Favorite Answer

You are never too old to start swimming. Michael Phelps didn't start seriously swimming until he was 12! I started swimming when I was 13. (competively). I have been teaching kids (and adults) how to swim for a long time. It's never too late. There are many kids on our highschool swim teams who start as freshman and sophmores who have never swam before. The older you are, the more knowledge you will have, and the easier things will come to you. Don't think it's too late!

• ?

They have Beginners' swim lessons for all ages, including adults 18+, so don't worry, you're not too late. Check out the various programs offered at your local Fitness Center.

Never too late. I've seen old people at the local pool learning to swim. Check with your local swimming pool. Most offer classes.

It's never too late to start swimming, it's great fun and extremely good for you.

of course not michael phelps started when he was 13 look at him now

ur never too old it may be hard to cacth up tp ur age group but swimming nis very mental you have to push urself if u want to be compettive

It's never too late. Just keep your goal in mind while learning and it will probably come easy. Be patient, and good luck!

Source(s): I've been a swimmer my whole life.

Go ahead! It's never to late! Swimming is about competing with yourself!

Source(s): I was on Portugal's team untill I was 18.
  • ?

of course not... your never too old to start swimming. Join a swimming club and take part in races and stuff.

Source(s): I'm a swimmer.

It s never too late. My dad just learned and he is 61. Just go for it.Good luck!

Source(s): my dad..
  • ng

never too old to start anything ! its only too late not to go for a start !