Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

My grandfather said that I can have his 1998 BMW 320i. Should I sell it and get a new BMW M5?

Favorite Answer

Before you think of selling your grandpa's BMW, you gotta see how much he cared. Old people generally have a sentimental attachments to their belongings!

Better not to hurt their sentiments & keep rather ur grandpa's BMW320i as spare car.

Keep it for a while, but sell it if you can find a better car. M5's are expensive and a 320i will be a nice down payment on a M5, but you should probably consider the M3 if you really want an M car. I honestly don't think the M5 is worth it unless you've got that much money... but since you'll be selling a car to get another car, I'd stick w/ something closer in price.

Personally, I like older German cars. I would enjoy the 320i for a while before moving on to something else.

For a gift like that, you should be grateful. Maybe your grandfather thinks you would genuinely enjoy the 320i, and you would disappoint him if you just sell it. Try it out for a while and see how it fits, then upgrade if you still feel the urge.

• Go for the M5 if you have 70 to 80 thousand US dollars to burn on a toy.

BMW M5 IS A VERY NICE CAR BUT NOT THE GREATEST FOR THE MONEY IT COSTS. MY BOSS HAD ONE AND IT WENT LIKE THE BLAZES, HOWEVER, IT WAS A BIT NOISY AND USED A LOT OF GAS. IT WASN'T OVERLY COMFORTABLE EITHER. IN MY OPINION DEFINTELY OVERRATED> THERE ARE OTHER CARS FOR THE MONEY THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED.

dont ever sell it, u got to used and treasure it as ur grandfather do, its the only souvenier u got from him,but if u really insist to sell it, txt me,becoz im interested in your unit, 09194888887

Yes, sell it. But get something other than a Beamer.

Must be nice. I've always had to buy my own cars. What a tough decision.

yes ,that's what intelligence says

wait til he dies then sell it