Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

My girlfriend often swallows chewing gums and cherry pits. Isn't it dangerous?

I and my 24-year old girlfriend were in restaurant. She was chewing a gum. She told me that to swallow a chewing gum isn't dangerous at all because it goes in her stomach and then comes out and laughed. Then she took her chewing gum back to her throat and made a gulp and swallowed her chewing gum. The gum slided down her throat and was gone . . . She told me that she swallowed her gum whole, it was in her stomach and couldn't feel anymore. She laughed and said that the chewing gum is in her tumy now. She told me not to worry about it and added that she likes to swallow cherry pits and sometimes when she is on a lazy mood and don't want to take a cherry pit out she simply swallows it and sends to her stomach so there is no need to find a place for a cherry pit . . . She even don't have a stomachache . . .isn't it dangerous? What will happen to the chewing gum or the cherry pit in my girlfriend's stomach?

Favorite Answer

Chewing gum sticks to the lining of the stomach wall. I wouldn't worry about cherry pits either. Neither will kill you. If you see tree limbs growing out of her head, then you should be concerned..

I dont know about cherry pits, but its not good to swallow chewing gum, it takes your stomach a long time to digest it or could get lodged somewhere.

You talk kinda wierd... Anyways, they say gum is bad to swallow but I think that is just a myth. I do it all the time. I don't know how she swallows seeds tho cause that would kinda hurt...both ways...

i dont know about gum but cherry pit. ask her. isn't it to sent it down ur throat or comes out her stomach. haaa. oh yeah someday she got digest problem..

its not dangerous,the acids in the stomach break it down, if its not broken down like the pip it will just come out the other end whole

She must have really mean stomach acid , but she might have problems later on, tell her to check it just in case.

no..it is not dangerous..it will be slowly digested and will go out of her body with other waste materials.

yea it is swallowing gum can stop vowels and can make you constipated and have soars in your anal

no it isn't dangerous it just takes longer to digest

It is not exactly dangerous.but in can still cause harm.