What are your thoughts of Gideon Bibles at Hotels? Do you think there should be other Holy books available?

Or none?

I brought my own Bible, but I was happy to see that the Gideon Bible in my room was pretty well-read.

I know they are provided free.

The Gideons is a wonderful organization.

Favorite Answer

Christians are not afraid of open discussions in the arena of ideas. We would welcome side by side comparisons of the holy books of varying religions.

The whole point of the Gideons Bible is that it is provided for guidance to a place where many lost people have time to reflect. This wasn't conceived by other religions and once conceived, they didn't follow the example. Do you know of any organizations of other faiths that would give away their holy books? The Qu'ran is considered so holy they don't trust its care to non-believers.

By comparison, the Christians hold the message of the Bible to be holy, not the paper and leather and ink.

http://judgeright.blogspot.com/

• lcmcpa

I think it is nice that they have bibles in hotel rooms. The Gideons provide the bibles. I'm sure if another organization wants to provide other holy books, they would be allowed to do so.

The Gideon Society put the Bibles into hotels for free. I would assume that hotels, hostels and prisons would also accept other holy books if other organisations where prepared to go to the lengths that the Gideon society do.

i have checked Gideons translation.

there are blunder translation mistakes.

please i am not against there free work.

but check for yourself.

do visit www.freewebs.com/vickykamalmaurya

there are false bibles amidst us.

This is a very -very serious study that I am going to show you.

There are 178 verses omitted from the bible in (majorly) niv (new international version). I will not suggest you to buy not even King James Version or new KJV.

The bible that you SHOULD buy must have this

1.King James version which has this written on it-

“Translated out of the original tounges and with the former translations diligently compared and revised.

2. authorised King James Version.

3. the words of Jesus should be printed in red. (so that you will better understand the distinction between writer’s writing & Jesus words.

But if you have budget than buy niv also for witnessing the false translation subject to others.

Find the evidence:

Isaiah 14 verse 12 does not have Lucifer’s name in most of the translations - & that’s the one & only place it appears.

#Entire 17 verses omitted

Mathew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14,

mark 7:16,9:44,46 11:26,15:28

Luke 17:36, 23:17,

John 5:4,

acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29

romans 16:24

1 john 5:7

And portions of 178 verses ommited.

173 times name of lord Jesus Christ ommited

38 times lord Jesus

43 times Christ

lord 35 times

God 31 times

Other names of God 26 times

36 times hell is changed.

Usefull web details:

Visit these links

http://www.biblebelievers.com/williams_d1.html

www.biblebelievers.com/bookshop/daniels_RCC/daniels_excerpt01.html

these are few helpful links.

God bless you.

Vicky kamal Maurya

Servant of God.

NIV- NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION

NLT – NEW LIVING TRANSLATION

NLV – NEW LIFE VERSION

ASV- AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

NIVUK- NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION UK

NIrV- NEW INTERNATIONAL READER’S VERSION

ESV- ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION

HCSB- HOLMAN CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE

NASB- NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE

AMP- AMPLIFIED BIBLE

MSG- THE MESSAGE

YLT- YOUNG’S LITERAL TRANSLATION

YOU CAN FIND THESE ALL AT www.biblegateway.com

AND YOU CAN SEARCH ISAIAH 14:12

Well, I guess if there were another organization like the Gideons that decided to distribute the Koran or another book, that would be fine. But they're just a private organization, not connected with the hotels or anything, so you can't really hold them to any standard of equal representation.

they r provided for free. If others want to give their book freely they probably could. I think Gideon Bible placement is great.

Sure, they should have DJ Conway Wiccan books, the teachings of Buddha, the Poetic Eddas, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, and the Veddas from the Hindu tradition also. It might all depend on who is giving the books out for free to the hotels. Did you think they paid for them?

• Mim

I think they are now providing other books in hopitals but gidions provided them free if islam wonts to do that they can

Save the trees and pass on the bible.

I bring my own reading material when I am traveling.

Of course, every hotel should have a whole library!