Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

finding the V.I.N. # on a 1994 Ford Ranger Xlt, IF the whole Cab has been replaced; can it be found elsewhere?

im trying to sell this ranger but need the origianal VIN # of the truck...also can someone help with the odometer meter; resetting it back to it's original mileage. SOoo the old cab had more miles on the odometer than the engine in the truck it was placed upon really has, more like 85,000 in comparison to like 190,000 so it's like a lot.. any thoughts?

18 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The vin# should be stamped somewhere on the frame.

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago


  • 1 decade ago

    Why bother with all the BS? Just be honest with your buyer...Tell him what you did and why. If this person has a brain and the truck and motor are running well there shouldn't be a problem.

    The same thing should hold true for the "re-birth" of a VIN that was most likely reported to your DMV as "Salvage."

    If you have all of your docs in order, including a bill of sale for the new cab portion of your truck and a good explanation, you shouldn't have a problem getting a new title issued for a small fee.

    Good luck!

  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

    The absolutely free reverse vin check sites generally provide fake information. To get real information, money will have to be paid. The free searches provide fake information so they can get your email address to send spam.

    Stay away from shady reverse vin check sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Not to mention you won't get a report and you won't get an answer if you try to call for a refund. Stick with a reputable reverse vin check site like that has been around since 1995.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    did you get rid of the old cab if not take the odometer out of it and put it in the new cab and if you have the title from the truck the V.I.N. is on the and you should have a bill of sale from the junkyard for the cab you put on write down the v.i.n. for that and take the 3 things to the DMV and get a new title for the truck before you sell it i know this i have done this on a cupple trucks before

    Source(s): back yard mechanic for over 19 years
  • 1 decade ago

    there are hidden numbers all over the vehicle , now the question if its been replaced, you need to go to the Highway Patrol, and get a New Vin # this is done by having a receipt from where you bought the other cab other wise they will not reissue it to you ,they will impound the vehicle, and you can not touch the odometer its against the law and you need to be certified to do this and licensed if you tamper with it its a Federal charge ,be honest and get the receipts and go the highway patrol and chill out OK. been there done that and its the only leagle way this way it stops car thief's from doing car body changes , number are hidden all over the vehicle and you will not find one there in code OK.

    Source(s): 26 years car & truck mechanic
  • 1 decade ago

    Check The Engine Compartment or the Frame

  • 4 years ago


    Source(s): Get Your Vin Report
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    right on the insid of the window viewable from the outside or on the door thing

  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Check the frame..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.