What non-fiction book or documentary has *really* changed your life?

Please don't use this question as a chance to preach your old beliefs... Don't say "Fahrenheit 9/11" unless you really mean it...

Likewise, don't say anything by Ann Coulter just because her books are inflammatory to liberals.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. I was given a very religious upbringing and until I read this I really had no clue that there were enough people out there like me (rationalists, freethinkers, whatever you want to call us) to actually have publications and organizations. It helped me find those people so I could start socializing with them, which was a very liberating experience. It really did change my life.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Being a author is an extremely versatile activity/occupation to pursue. i might strongly propose it - being a budding novelist myself. As some solutions reported, circulate to college, take classes interior the advantageous Arts, take a lot of Writing/resourceful Writing classes and income that regularly used information which will supply help to write a singular interior the destiny. as much as writing is versatile and distinctive for each guy or woman, there are some key policies which you are going to be able to desire to maintain on with to create a sturdy novel! 2nd ingredient you are going to be able to desire to do is basically...write. sit down with a pad of paper, tea, and a few instrumental song in case you will like and basically write any thought that comprises ideas! this type of writing will open your ideas and permit you to alter into extra innovative and notice issues in a lots distinctive mild. i understand this works using fact i will walk down the line now, see a homeless guy and picture of a singular thought. Doing this somewhat opens your ideas, and it additionally facilitates you to discover your writing form and basically writing often. once you're nonetheless uncertain approximately your profession and writing is basically something you would be wanting to dabble on for a jointly as, determine you discover a 2nd and robust profession you could fall back on. be certain it somewhat is something that hobbies you and facilitates you to maintain your self. jointly as doing this, write on the section whenever you could, and once you placed up your first novel, then you particularly can determine in spite of if writing would be your finished time profession! What you write approximately is thoroughly as much as you and your form of writing. in spite of in case you write non-fiction textbooks or a fiction novel in line with historic activities is as much as you and what hobbies YOU jointly as writing. Writing a singular is a exciting technique and from own adventure, whilst writing approximately issues you comprehend approximately properly somewhat makes for a extra useful defined novel. as an occasion, you do no longer pick to write down a narrative some mathematician dealing with the international for the reason which you have reported you're no longer sturdy at math or technological know-how of the form! in case you wrote approximately this, your tale could be bland and under-written for the reason which you have not got the understanding to further decorate it. i'm hoping this helped, and that i choose you luck finding your writing profession!

• 1 decade ago

Go to http://www.petatv.com/veg.html and watch the one on cows and i guarentee you will never again eat beef. be advised, this video is not for the weak of heart ( or stomach) hope that helps

• 1 decade ago

"The Story of Gandhi" by KS Acharlu.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Crimes Against Logic" by Jamie Whyte.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

" The Krishnamurti Reader " --- Krishnamurti.

• 1 decade ago

Sybil..In more ways than anyone can imagine.

• 1 decade ago

None.

• 1 decade ago

"Scar Face"

• 1 decade ago

"Supersize Me"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.