How much will an ink cartridge cost for my printer?

my mom wants to buy 2 ink cartridges, 1 black and the other with color. How much will they cost each? do they come together? I have a Deskjet 640C, its pretty old, so will the ink cost less? Thank you

Favorite Answer

The older the catridge, the more difficult it is to get a "good" replacement - by this i mean HP's often get clogged jets, complain about remanufactured cartridges or simply refuse to work.

If you store buy your looking at 50 or so dollars to replace both. Amazon.com has some for a better price. I would stay away from "Remanufactured" ink cartridges because of the issues with HP's. They have an embeded chip on a lot of there inks that when it is empty they lock out the cartridge.

I've had nothing but difficulties with older printers and would look at upgrading if at all possible. For the price of one refill you can get something better with cheaper cartridges and better image output.

I've had nothing but praise for my canon and i can replace the colors that run out instead of the entire color cartridge.

hi, i have an old hp printer. the color ink is $35 and the black is $30. I got them separately. I go them at Staples.i dont think the older the printer, the less the ink will cost. its probably the same. Good luck

Hi,

Go to cheapest prices search engine. You can get a replacement or you can get a refill kit, or a refill cartridge. They have almost every merchant there and you can find both cheapest prices and a million consumer written reviews.

Good luck to you, I hope this helps you.

Lisa

Go to reinks.com, way cheaper there. They work well too