Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I weight 170. I'm thicke but not fat and i'm 5'7. I want to be 120-115 within 4-6months, maybe less if poss.

Favorite Answer

Whoa. 50 pounds in 4 months is a lot.

You do not want to lose weight that fast. It will come back. Nomatter how many times you tell yourself you will stick to this diet. I have pretty much dieted the last 4 years of my life away. I tried to maintain my lowest weight. I would do anything to keep it at that number or lower. Don't do that to yourself. Life sucks when it revolves around dieting all the time. This past year, I ended up not dieting. I have gained most of the weight back. I will tell you this...I fill so much better about myself now. Even though I got fat. I have been truly enjoying life. Sadly though I often times over eat, because I have dieted so long and missed many foods that I previously ate. So now I have to teach myself to know when I am full and portion control. If you must diet, I would get on a plan like weight watchers. You can enjoy the things you like and well theres a much higher chance that you are going to keep it off for good. Don't fall into abusing your body and yo-yoing. When you do this it's hard as hell to loose weight and very easy to gain. I do promise you that.

I'm not buying Princess786900's nonsense for a minute. Her BMI is 30.7. Yours is 26.6. Mine is 23.7. Last year, I was at 30.0 (215 lbs) and felt lousy. I didn't look good, either. That's why I think Princess is blowing smoke up your dress. She's fooling herself into thinking she looks good when she's just plain overweight. Since I lost my weight, I feel better and look better, too. I think you'll look and feel better also, if you just lose a little and get down to about 135 - 145 lbs. Less would be silly and very difficult to achieve without starvation. Your health should be more important to how you feel than your thinness. At 140, you'll look fine, anyway.

1) Eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits. 2) Keep carbs, fats, and sugars to a minimum. Make sure you get a little protein and plenty of nutrients. Keep track of your calories per day. Try to keep that number between 1500 and 1800 until you attain your 'ideal' weight. If you're not sure about calories, just do the first two things. Exercise daily for around 30 minutes. It doesn't have to be anything strenous. Just a brisk walk or bike ride. All you're trying to do is get your metabolism up a bit. Exercise too much and your appetite goes up with it.

Reading the following will help you with the mental aspect of dieting:

http://www.geocities.com/seabulls69/weightloss.htm...

'Nuff said?

I don't understand. You are 5ft7, you are thick (not fat), yet still you feel the need to lose 50lb or more. To me, this does not make sense. Your BMI is around 26.6. You do not need to lose such drastic amounts of weight. At those weights you will be considered verging on underweight and I do not feel it is a realisitc goal. I would aim for a weight around 130lb-150lb, which I think would be a much healthier goal and you won't lose your curves. Good luck : )

Firstly, you are fine, as long as you are healthy.

Weight is a misleading guide to how you look, or feel.

Magazine model sacrifice their life to earn the money and glamour. They could be miserable in real life, which you will never know.

Consider your health. No point weighing 120lb but being sick all the time, or look sick.

Further more, hugging or cuddling up a upside down broom stick isn't exactly what i have in mind at night.

Top weight loss tips

Today there is too much information available on losing weight that has become more confusing and sometimes difficult to follow. It’s actually very easy to lose weight if you follow my weight loss tips.

* Be in right frame of mind

Before you can start any diet program you need to be in the right frame of mind. If you do not feel good about yourself you probably will not want to choose healthy foods. You cannot expect the act of going on a diet to make you feel better about yourself. The only way you can choose to eat a healthy diet to lose weight is if you have a positive self-image.

* Eat whole food

Top weight loss tips

Eat whole foods that are as natural as possible. When you eat whole foods that are full of nutrients your body will know how much to eat and how much not to eat. You do not have to count calories because your body is a wonderful machine.

* Eat fresh fruit

Eat at least two servings of fresh fruit every day. Choose whatever type of fruit is in season.

* Drink enough water

Drink the best weight loss supplement known to man, water. Most people do not know the difference from being hungry for food or thirsty for water. A great deal of times people eat when they should drink. Most likely you will not feel as hungry if you are getting enough water. You will be satisfying the thirst, which is confused for hunger. Water also helps you digest food better. Drinking water before you eat will help fill you up.

* Always chew your food

Always chew your food well. Chewing your food well will ensure that you get the most nutrients out of your food. Getting the most nutrients will satisfy your body therefore you will eat less. Another benefit of chewing well is that it helps aid in digestion.

* Take small meals

Eat small, frequent meals in a day. Large meals tax your digestion system, making it work harder. Taking too much time in between meals makes you hungrier for the next meal.

* Include protein at meal

Include good sources of protein at meal, chicken, fish, legumes, peanut, cottage cheese, eggs or yogurt.

* Shut off TV while eating

Shut off the TV whenever you eat – that includes meals and snacks. Studies show that we automatically eat larger portions when we snack in front of the tube, and typically those foods are high in fat and sugar, which means excess calories!

* Increase your physical activity

Increase your physical activity. Most people are over weight because of a lack of physical activity. Start walking more, bicycling, walks your dog for longer periods of time, swim, dance and leave the car at home when you can. It’s important that you choose a physical activity that you enjoy because you’ll stick with it.

Source(s): http://fast-weightloss.blogspot.com/ - Get Fast weight loss, weight loss tips, weight loss stories, weight loss help and the motivation you require to lose weight. Right now I have an aim to lose 40 pounds... which motivated me research more easy, and healthy weight loss methods which I report on my fast weight loss site http://fast-eightloss.blogspot.com./ I think the key to get success in life is to keep on learning good things from where ever you get.

I sell Natural Herbal products from a Wellness Company with all the Weight loss products. Email me at sbutler_5@yahoo.com or call 1(866)633-3205.

Source(s): Melaleuca Company

Having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

first of all if YOU FEEL that u are not fat then HONEY YOU ARE NOT FAT. just because u see the lil skinny models on tv and magazines doesnt mean u have to be anorexic like that. i'm 5'6 and weight 190 and i look good dammit, so look in the mirror and say to urself that I AM A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY AND DAMMIT I FEEL GOOD TOO!!!

researchers found that dieters who ate eggs in the morning were less hungry than those who ate carb heavy meals

Add extra 10 or 15 mins to your cardio routine