Dell Inspirion and Sprint PCS/Novatel Merlin S620?

A customer bought a Sprint S620 card. When it is inserted into the PCMCIA slot of his Dell Inspirion 6000 with Win XP, the computer immediately freezes up and requires a hard reboot. I have replaced the entire system board (including PCMCIA slot) and problem persists. User has tried this same card in another Dell Inspirion 6000 and it works OK. User brought card back to Sprint and they replaced it. Same problem. User reinstalled Windows XP, but same problem persists. Dell is claiming this is a software or non-Dell hardware issue. Sprint is claiming this is a Dell issue. Neither party is offering anymore help. The user is past his 30 day refund period and has never been able to use this card successfully. What must he do to solve this problem?

Favorite Answer

Look. Its like this. With Dell your rolling the dice.

Dell has to be the worst PC out there.

There support team sux as well.

I can't put it any blunter.

For those of you that wish to continue spending your hard earned money on dell products, be my guest.

Out of all the Dell products I've had the misfortune of working on, only one has been decent. Well it was better that decent.

check dell site for this problem