Has anyone driven on King Fahad Causeway?

Favorite Answer

I havent driven on it since I am a woman but I have ridden on it many times. lol. The trip takes about 30 minutes, but it may be longer on the weekends(Thursday and Friday) and it once took us about 5 hours at Ramadan during the beginning of the feasts.

Yes, once in 1999, where I was travelling from Saudi to Manamah. There is a man-made island and is split into 2 sections to house the border formalities for both the countries.

On the island, there is also a service facility area, including an elevated restaurant, which you can visit and gain spectacular views across the seas of both countries. The making of the causeway has boomed tourism in Bahrain because of the ease people could travel to neigbouring states.

People working in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia make regular trips over the causeway provided that they are granted a multiple exit/entry visa by their sponsor. Some expats live in Bahrain and do 'the bridge' every day to their work in Saudi Arabia.

The Causeway can only be traversed by vehicles as motorcycles/bicycles/pedestrians are not permitted. The cost per vehicle is US$ 5.50 with higher charges for buses and trucks.

My husband and I cross it a number of times and found the trip easy if it were not on the weekend. Passport control is taken care of on the island.