Is there anything cheap out there to connect HDTV input to VGA output for game systems?

I have an XBOX 360 and a VGA monitor with the VGA 360 cable. But I would like to be able to connect my other games systems to the monitor useing HDTV cables and play the other systems on the monitor. I know of one thing by VDIGI but it is $60 and that is a tad too steep for me. I just need to know if there is just a connector out there that has the input plugs for HDTV and the output plug for VGA. Thanks a ton.

Favorite Answer

A quick search turned up this product that will allow you connect an Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2 to a VGA monitor -- http://www.merconnet.com/product_info.php?products...

Historically, these VGA converters have had problems displaying 480i (interlaced) video signals on a monitor (a progressive-scan device). For games that display in 480p (almost every Xbox game, most Gamecube games, and a few PS2 games), this won't be a problem.

Yes there is. Microsoft actually sells one. Not sure of the price but go look on ebay.