Why do so many people give up Self Respect for love?

What's wrong with loving yourself AND someone else at the same time?Love is supposed to bring MORE love not less.Who loves ya Baby?

For Kettygold...I LOVE myself.I'm my #1 fan.The gun is for when I run into folks like you.

Favorite Answer

People do it becuse they feel they are not worth something better than what they have. People tend to settle when they should be looking to perfect themselves and those around them.

I have no idea, but I've done it.

I think it has to do with the way they grew up and their parents, if they had a good relationship or not. Mine always fought so I used to think all I needed was to find the person I will love forever and never let them go to be happy.

That backfired miserably.

I think that now people aren't acutally giving up self respect, their parents haven't taught them to have it in the first place. That is why so many people sleep with other people at such a young age. They don't love themselves, so they want someone else to love them.

it's a hard thing to deal with.....what a great question. really made me think. anyway, i'm not sure why it's so easy to pick love or self respect. I am guilty of this myself. It makes me feel like and idiot which makes me have even less self respect. it's just hard to walk away from love.

• Lynn K

Often it's a fear of being alone. Some people are willing to sacrifice their self-worth so they don't have to dine in a restaurant at a table for one. Sad isn't it?

you are right loving yourself and someone else can bring more love and not less .....though people give up self respect for love because they are so desperate looking for love .....

Because love is about the most important thing there is.

Nan Han I'm not gonna buy it !your avatar shows that you don't like yourself as well, you have a gun right in your head!!

cause some of them thinks that if they give themself he will love them more! or sometimes they just feel alone and look for some1 to love them. but i ain't that kind of girl. im still a virgin and PROUD TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mav

They are just being ignorant.