Do you beleave that there is a virus out there in the wild that could destroy the internet or most of it?

(1) are people smart enough

(2) is there a way that this could happen

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The digital ecosystem is increasingly diverse with servers running on a multitude of operating systems. Taking out some of the larger backbones will certainly put the network on crutches, but it would be exceedingly difficult to wipe it out.

• 1 decade ago

No, because the internet is comprised of many websites stored in many different database. Almost every website is hosted by a different computer. You cannot destroy the internet because as long as there are people that make websites, the interent lives. If you wanted to 'destroy' the internet, you will have to send a virus to every single website host and destroy the computer, but they usually have it stored in another computer and a text version of it (.html, xhtml, .css).

• Nedan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The answers you have recieved are all good but the next reason, I don't think is would work is you would have to get rid of regular communication also and never truley will now that we have walkie-talkies that will communicate accross country.

So because of time zones, you attack point A, someone will contact somebody (point B), who knows somebody else (point C) and before long the news is out and they (all other points) are backing up data and taking messures to save their sites.

• 1 decade ago

No The Internet was designed from the ground up to with stand nuclear attack, You could cripple large parts for a time, but not all of it.

Source(s): arpanet
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

not possible, because it would have to attack all the computers at the same time.

• 1 decade ago

i do not believe it exist today,but not exactly in the future

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there will be a cure

• 1 decade ago

no i don't think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.