Philosophy Question?

According to Russell, explain why some people find philosophy to be worthless, or not worth study?

Favorite Answer

In his own words.... ;-)

"The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it."

-- Bertrand Russell --

Aloha

According to me, philosophy should elucidate the facts about reality, and really its just an organic process an individual goes through as they grow up and begin to acquire knowledge and experience about their world (THE world). Philosophy, as worthless, seems to be a good assessment, because often it fails to succeed in its purpose. It seems to over-complicate or cloud reality while distorting knowledge. A good foundation for politics religion and other proven blights on civilization.

What Mr Russell thought was his own opinion, and I do disagree with a couple of them.

To put it simply:

Philo = Love

Sophia = Wisdom

Philosophy = the love of wisdom

Ignorance. All things that require thought are worthwhile.

In my opinion at least. What Bertrand thought about the

validity of philosophy I couldn't say. I'm not that well acquainted with his work.