I am a college student and i work part time making 350 dollars a week.?

My credit score is in between fair and good. I pay taxes and was never late with my credit cards payments. I need a $ 5000 personal loan. Am i eligable?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely! I recommend, you start by opening an account with a credit union & try to work with them in the loan process. Good Luck!

Go shopping. People shop for shoes and clothes and the cheapest price on gas. Go shopping for your loan. The information you provided is not going to help me answer your question. If your credit report totally sucks you can still get a loan if you are willing to bleed through the nose for the interest. If you just took out bankruptcy just moments ago, you can still get a loan with collateral. In fact depending on what kind of loan you need, you may not even need collateral. So go shopping for a loan. Hit every credit union first. They are usually your best bet. After that get out the yellow pages and hit every (and I mean EVERY) bank in your area. If you have a major metro area any where near you (within 50 miles) call and ask first, then go visit your best prospects. A single point in intrest can equal a lot of money out of your pocket. A couple of days shopping can save you a weeks pay. Its not about weither or not I think you qualify, its weither or not THEY think you qualify. I started a small business and my regular bank would not service the loan. I crossed the border into another state and found a different bank. I had a loan the next day. So your income and credit score are not as important as you think. Yes every one will use that information. No they will not use it the same way. Don't sign anthing till you shop EVERY BANK.

Once you find one you like and who works with you, stick with them. Build a relationship with them. It will pay off later. Frankly 5K is peanuts. Some day when you need a real loan for a home or some other major expense, you will have a place to go and they may well treat you well. Yes after years of working with the same bank I have taken my business elsewhere. They are eager to help me and we have begun to build a good relationship. My next venture will see me in thier front door as my fist stop. Yes I still shop my loans around.

I wish you the best go to Credit Union near you... They sometimes have good plans for students... Good luck... DO not give up.

See a bank

Where do you work> I want to make that much part time.

Talk to your local financial institution.

you'll most likely be eligable but see your bank.

I think you are.