what causes veins to become more noticeable?

Just wondering if there are any specific reasons that your veins would become more noticeable. It's not any one perticular part of the body but all over, and I hate to say it, but my skin is so pale that having even brighter veins then I usually do, or at least used to..just doesn't look right. Is there anything I should be worried about or what?

Favorite Answer

Your veins will become more visible for several reasons; 1) Proper Hydration. Your body will absorb the correct amount of water in the veins to increase circulation. 2) Weight Loss. Less fat, less obscruction between your skin and your veins. 3) Increased blood pressure. Most of the time this is a naturally occuring event. Mostly at or around lunch time, the temp is high and your food is being digested, so your body pumps up the juice, thus increasing your veins to a more visible state.

I would worry about the veins in your eyes. I remember looking at my moms eyes and noticing how pronounced her eye veins had become. I could almost not even look at her in the eye. She died of a massive stroke a few months later.

Ten years later, my eye veins got a bit bigger and so I went to the doctor. I had very high blood pressure. I am now on medication.

BTW, once, my veins were REALLy notible on my skin and I ended up being low in iron. They were so visible, because I was so pale from being low in iron I guess.

U can try tanning so that your skin becomes darker, thus leading to less noticeable veins.

most of the time it is a break down of the body system it,s self, changing YR diet , to add more antioxidents helps. also use lavender aroma bath thearopy to yr weekly routine

caffiene