help with my keyboard?

I decided to clean my keyboard, so i took every single key of it and clean it one by one. then I put them back on, but now the spacebar,delete and enter key are weird, it feels weird when Ipush them. I then figured out that these keys have some kind of hard wire under them that probably have the function of a spring...i really don't know... i need to know how to put them back so that my keys aren't so hard....do I explain myself? THANX FOR THE HELP

Favorite Answer

The spacebar, delete and enter keys are the ones that are hard to put back, so you might want to avoid removing them. Have you tried putting a dot of petroleum jelly inside where the key goes on?

ummm...you weren't supposed to do that.

plus, the backspace, spacebar, and enter keys use at least 2 separate...umm.....pole- thingies (honestly don't know) instead of 1 to hold up the key....so, maybe one of them isn't properly attached.

Bottom line is, you shouldn't have removed the buttons.....however, keyboards aren't too expensive anymore, so you could get a decent one for about 20 bucks now.

I had the same problem once.. I just bought a new keyboard though. It seems I go through a new one every 6 months. Luckily they only cost like $5 from wal-mart.

Try taking a pair of tweezers and pulling the spongy looking thing up.