Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

How do I cancel my Gold's Gym membership?

I've been a member for almost two years now, but have already signed up for a brand new 24 Fitness that is opening in October. I've heard horror stories about canceling Gold's, so I want to make sure I do it right and document everything. Since I've been a member for over a year, I don't think I'm bound by a contract anymore.

Favorite Answer

READ YOUR CONTRACT!! I had a Gold's Gym membership, and I cancelled it before my contract term was up, so obviously I had to pay a cancellation fee, but after your initial term is up, you should be on a month-to-month basis, enabling you to cancel anytime thereafter (It will probably remain valid until the end of the current month, or you may get a refund of the unused portion of that month). Go to the club, talk to someone about it, but most importantly, read that contract!! Best of luck.

I'm not with Gold's, but I know that if I were to cancel my membership, I'd still be responsible for the full amount. Your best bet to get out of it is to just not renew.

just find out if you are still under contract but most of those are for 2 yrs well at least where i'm from, they might just make you pay a fee or they might be ***'s and try to make you pay for the rest of your contract, worst case tell them a fake address thats not close to a golds gym so they cant hold you under the contract, gl...!!

u have to go inside and cancle it. But you might get a cancle fee.

Source(s): ya i did it