Wiretapping? How is it illegal?

How is the President breaking the law by wiretapping Americas phone lines? And what laws are against such activities?

-******Please no "Bushwhacking", I'm just downright curious.******-

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's in the constitution. Illegal search.

4th amendment.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

• 1 decade ago

Wiretapping is where one person listens in or records a conversation between two other people who do not know that the eavesdropper is listening. it is illegal as a rule but is allowable in some cases where it is critical to national security. there is a law that allows it in these cases but the president says he needs not follow that law because he is the commander in chief of the armed services. the question is who is watching the president? Everyone must be accontable to someone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

IN a Place like this, all your'e going to get is opinions.

If you want an answer with true facts i don't understand why you don't just look it up.

I read your question and did just that-- it didn't take long and you don't have to deal with attitudes.

Try it for yourself next time.

Loook at this if you want an answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiretapping

next time check reference materials and try to use your brain

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is covered under the 9th amendment (rights reserved to the people) implying right to privacy. If he taps peoples' lines , he is impeding on a citizens rights, by means of the bill of rights

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Need a warrent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.