Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

I am 28 years , am I old to go back to school?

Hello everyone, I am 28 years old and I went back to school , I want to get my bachelors but it will take me 3-4years to receive, I feel like I am just to old because now everyone that is my age have already graduated and bought homes and etc. I am leaving with my parents and I feel like I am a loser the time I graduate I will be about 33 years old.

Favorite Answer

No, and when you begin school you find even older people in the class, I am 29 and I am about to get my bachelors in the spring, sometimes we have to take care of things before we can start on our goals and asperations. Education is the key and you"ll find you rniche I promise and meet alot of new people. You are not a loser you have a family to help you and support you, you are so not a loser, gather up that sorrow and turn it into respect! You got it so go get it!

You're not to old! I did it! I went back to school at 30 to get my bachelor's degree in Visual Communications. If that isn't enough, my dad went back to college at the age of 50 to make a career change from construction to computers and got his bachelor's degree. He makes a very comfortable living. I am almost finished with school myself. If that's what you want to do then go for it! just think, in 3 or 4 years you'll have a good job, making more money than you would without a degree and on your way to getting all the things that your friends have!

Going back will feel a bit awkward, but before you know it you will be just fine. I feel that now that I have been out of school for so long that my brain has lost its capacity to learn a well as before. I worry that I will lag behind, as all the younger majority zoom right past. I am planning to go back next year. So I know where you are coming from. Part-time classes take forever, the important thing is to keep your eyes on the end result and remain focused. Knowledge is something no one can ever take from you. If ever you have a chance to better yourself seize it! Besides there are more job opportunities available to a person with a degree and do not forget higher pay!

Hell no! I'm only 20 years old, but it is not uncommon to see women in my class who are over 40 years old. Heck, one of the my study partners was 63 years old! I don't think it's never too late to get an education. You may graduate at 33, but you will really feel like a loser if you quit school.

It is never too late to get an education. Who cares about what others are doing the important thing is, are you happy with what you are doing? Everybody has different opinions and goals. You must have really supporting parents to let you live at home. Enjoy and take your time. Keep living to the fullest with no regrets. I have lived very far from my parents for the past 13 years and not a day goes by when I am not thinking in been back there close to them.. Look at it like a Blessing.

You are absolutely NOT to old to go back to school! I just graduated at 28 and found that A LOT of people older than me were going for there bachelor's. I cannot tell you the value that education can add to your life. It opens your mind up to knew ideas and possibitlies that you have never dreamed of. I actually was in class with a 64 year old woman who decided that, after years and years of teaching, she wanted to become a nurse. Everytime I felt old, I think of her in Trigonometry!!

you are never too old to go back to school. when i went to college every age group was represented from fresh high school grads, to people trying a 2nd or 3rd career, to mom's who stayed home and now the kids are all grown up, and people retired from other careers who got bored at home. there is no point in living on this earth if we are not learning something. if going to school is what you want to do, then by all means... DO IT. you'll be so glad you did, even if just for self gratification. and fyi... "everyone" has not already finished school. statistically only about 20% of americans are college graduates... so join the elite... we're waiting for you ;-)

You are not too old. At the university where I work, we have tons of students your age and older. My student assistant is almost 50. He studies with great enthusiasm.

You will have to dust off some old skills and learn some new ones, and you'll have to be able to allocate enough time to do homework and research. You will have to find a way to stay awake in class at least most of the time.

Good luck and apply early!

Cybercerdo

• Leon

If you think you are not too old to go back to school, then its perfectly fine. Going to school more is more better because you will be more educated to get a better job. If you have a good job, then you have the money don't you?If you have the money, then you are perfecty fine.

Don't hesitate to go to school even if you are 100 years old.

Learning more doesn't hurt at all.

You are NEVER too old to go back to school. Don't think that there is an age requirement or that you are not going to fit in. It is school. I won't be done with my degree for another few years myself. So, you are not the only one. Keep your head up, and pat yourself on the back for doing the right thing.