MySpace hyperlinks?

I write in my MySpace blog a lot, and I insert hyperlinks fairly often. I want to change the settings so that they open in new windows instead of redirecting the main page, but I can't find anyway to change it. The pull-down menu has the following options: _self (the default option), _blank, _parent, and _top. I've tried all of them and haven't noticed any difference in anything, so if anyone can shed any light on it, I'd appreciate it.

• Em
    Favorite Answer

hmm. _blank should do it.

Try <a href="URL" target="_blank">[link name]</a> if that doesn't work.

If there's still no new window, then myspace must have disabled it since the last time I checked.

Opening it in a new window is possible. However, I wouldn't recommend it because 1) All your links will open to new windows and 2) some people have pop-up blockers and are too lazy or do not want to change their pop-up settings. If anything, you can have people subscribe to your blog and then when they go to their subscriptions on their blog, it will open it up in a new window.