Would it be better?

I believe that if we all realized that each of us individually is the least significant person on Earth that there would be less self-centeredness,less violence,less greed and more compassion, more empathy, and more peace.

Also there would be more truly charitable works, humanitarian efforts, less poverty and less hunger.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

you said it! this worlds malfunctions because of our self-centeredness quality, and because we all have individual brains with individual idea, and want our ideas to be taken in consideration, not others'

If we all believed that we were the least significant people on earth then the suicide rate and unemployment levels would go way up. Selfishness is not necessarily a negative quality, and in fact people need to be selfish, that is to prioritize their own needs in order to survive. If people are to donate their time, money and effort for charitable purposes it needs to be because they want to make a difference for their own personal reasons and not because they feel that everybody else is more important than they are.

I partly agree because to feel that you are less significant is to acknowledge that others must be acknowledged as well. Yet it's not good to think that we are the least significant because every single person matters for another. To think that you are the least significant may lead into thinking that everyone is better off without you. It all depends on personality...

I used to have the opinion that I was less significant than other people. I became an alcoholic and developed SHD.

I think things would be better if people listened first, thought second and acted last rather than doing these things in the opposite order.

if everyone thought that way, maybe, but that is a dream. when you think about it, mankind is the most significant species on earth because we screw up the balance of nature, ruin the environment, and try to alter everything that is natural. we all need to be more insignificant.

i dont really agree with you. i think that if we all thought we were the least significant person than that would not encourage us to strive beyond are limits and create and do wonderful things for the world. we have to have confidence and approval of ourselves.

I think you are saying that some people need to get off their high horse.

in a perfect world maybe

Good works don't get you to heaven.