What's wrong with me? is there a doctor in the house?

i am having difficulty breathing. well, not breathing but...you know how sometimes you have to take deep breathes? well i feel like i can't take a deep breathe and when i try to, i have to suck in extra air becuz the amount i would normally suck feels like it is not enough. it's like i'm short of breath al the time i do not suffer from asthma and it has been happening the past few days. is there any way i can get my self breathing normally again? please help, even if you have any advice as to what i should do?

Favorite Answer

I am not a doctor, but I did work in Respiratory Therapy for 11 years. Do you have a problem with fluid? Sometimes when I have to much fluid in me I get that way too. Also I need to loose some weight becuse that too can make you feel that way. You could be coming down with a cold or a Respiratory infection. This heat too and I don't know where you are but where I live it is really hot and humid that makes me feel like I have something squeezing my chest. Are you having any chest pain? I would suggest that you go to your doctor. If it gets any worse through the night then go to an ER somewhere. I have had a lot of trouble lately myself, but I have had to use lots of spray pesticides in the house because we have had fleas. Also I am allergic to mold and my husband spilled some wet dog food through the cracks in our porch and it is down there molded and we can't get to it. Also I choked while eating something and sucked it into my lungs and I have had a bad cough lately. I do have Asthma and although you have never had that before does not mean you are not developing it. When you get that feeling again try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. Sometimes when I am having a hard time I go and stand in the shower, the steam really helps me so try that. Still you probably need to see a Doctor. Don't take a chance, you need those lungs. Good Luck and I hope that you soon feel much better.

Source(s): Self

First of all are getting chest pain? If so i would get to the E.R!!! Are you an nervous type of person? Nerves can make your breathing become worse. For example when someone would hyperventilate. I'm no doctor but if your having problems breathing then i would make an appointment with one. Take care

There is NO WAY a doctor can tell you what you have over the Internet with any degree of confidence. Your symptoms could be due to something serious, like blood clots in the lungs, or due to something as minor as stress or nervousness.

Please make an appointment to see a flesh and blood doctor.

I think you need to see your physican at once. They need to get an ABG and find out your oxygen desaturation levels within the blood. I certainly would think checking your blood pressure and wanting to know any drug history, obesity, or any other health conditions that may affect your treatment.

Unless you are very stressed at the moment and having mild panic attacks, or some other form of fear I would suggest you get to your doctor and get sorted fast.

Make an appoitment with you r doc. When I felt like that I had pneumonia. I didn't feel too sick, but couldn't get enough air.

You don't say whether you smoke or not. This is actually somewhat common to smokers. If not, call your doctor, he/she'll probably tell you to go to the ER.

• Lea A

That happened to me when I was pregnant, but you probably would have mentioned that if it were the case:)

Sorry, good luck.

Go to the ER.

Pneumonia, bronchitis, heart attack, allergies, asthma, GOTOTHEDOCTOR!