pater asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Help: how to get rid of pesky spyware/adware?

I've used Privacy Defender 4 several times to clean out most of it, but there is some spyware/adware that still survives. I can see it on my computer when it boots up, clogging up my system, and there are mysterious ads that are sent to my computer when I'm online.

Favorite Answer

Spy-ware, etc: Ewido.com, ad-aware (www.lavasoft.com), spybot search and destroy (www.security.kolla.de)

Depending on your anti-virus, there are two free ones that are superior: www.grisoft.com has AVG, and www.free-av.com has avira anti-vir. You can only run ONE anti virus at a time, but can run multiple spywares. Download and install these programs, and boot your computer to safe mode (hit f8 on a re-start BEFORE windows comes up). Run them from safe mode. Good luck.

2

Source(s): Perfect Antivirus Protection Suite : http://moveantivirus.com/?OZRh
  • Simple

You can go to www.download.com and download spyware doctor, Lava Adaware, and the above 2 spywares that the previous answerer had mentioned.

You may like to have more than 1 spyware software in your computer. And a good firewall too.

You can try PestPatrol.com for free download of anti-spyware. Or your internet provider should offer an anti-virus and anti-spyware software that will clean up your computer. Also Norton Internet Security works great!

well-liked foodstuff? - Fries <3 well-liked colour? - Blue well-liked type of icecream? - strawberry well-liked tpye of cookie? - chocolate chip well-liked drink? - water well-liked animal? - Fish well-liked letter? - S well-liked wide type? - 2 do you've a pool? - No do you've a puppy? - No what type? - i dont have a puppy whats his/her call? - no puppy what colour is your room? - yellow whats your initials? - SB is this dull? - Kinda do you want oreos? - luv em whats your well-liked type of snack? - chocolate :p whats your well-liked fruit? - bananass vegetable? - carrots do you take excitement in eating pasta? - yup what's your well-liked sport? - swimming did you graduate severe college? - No if so, what 3 hundred and sixty 5 days? i am going to graduate 2010 grant me a link to at least something you flow with: mm can now not imagine of of one Why could favor to i %. you as ideal answer? because of the very truth i'm beautiful

go to www.download.com and download Adaware SE Personal and Spybot Search & Destroy..both are free and work really well to remove nasty spyware from your pc

Spybot Search and Destroy's website is

http://www.safer-networking.org/

I highly recommend you download SUPERantispyware. It will remove any and all spyware. It is VERY VERY effective and it is free.

Spybot search and destroy, eTrust EZ antivirus, and Zone alarm for a fire wall

Source(s): No virus, spyware, or adware since I got all three (Plus they are free)

yahoo anti-spy ware is also a good program to use. U just have to download yahoo toolbar to get it.