Where should I go on my trip to the Netherlands? NOT AMSTERDAM!!!!!!?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Check out the following link...

• 1 decade ago

If you really want something different go to one of the islands. Visit Vlieland or Schiermonnikoog, That are the smallest islands. Only the people who are living there are allowed to have a car. So no one else can take their car to those islands. Rent a bike for a day and go around the island. Take a walk on the beach.

But make sure you have a warm coat with you as the islands can be windy.

• 1 decade ago

Delft, Leiden, Gouda, Haarlem are all beautifull old cities, much less touristy than Amsterdam. Up North are Leeuwarden and Groningen, in the East Zutphen and Deventer, all nice cities as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rotterdam and Utrecht are interesting. A lot of the outlying countryside is very pretty.

Not sure why you're so dead set against Amsterdam. It doesn't live up to the reputation of sex and drugs. It's actually a thriving, charming city with lots of things to do and see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

For something totally different go to the South. Maastricht is a pretty city that goes back to Roman times. The area is beautiful and you are about an hour from Cologne, Brussels, Dusseldorf and Leige if you want to go elsewhere.

• Chuck Norris

• 1 decade ago

Visit The Archeon in Alphen aan de Rijn. Its an open air museum that shows you the history of holland, from stone age to Rhoman empire. Its very enjoyable.

• 1 decade ago

Why not Amsterdam? My brother goes every year and likes it, he says you have to look for the hookers and pot (not like in the movies) He says it really pretty and sort of like Paris

• 1 decade ago

get some wooden shoes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.