When a company puts your call on hold, what do you prefer to hear?

A. Muzak

B. Pre recorded message telling you things about the company you may or may not already know. But not apologizing for putting you on hold.

C. Nothing

D. Tones (double beeps)

E. Radio station playing songs you may or may not like

• SPLATT
    Favorite Answer

I prefer a live person to talk to. If I wanted tunes or an ad I'd listen to the radio station of MY choice.

I prefer Radio station playing songs I may or I may not like.

Muzak is fine, but I HATE when I'm hanging out on hold & the music stops every 10 seconds so I can hear a recording that tells me that my call will be answered by the next available operator....no kidding.

E. Radio station with the song: "play that funky music white boy"

I think it's good to go with nothing... I hate being put on hold and having to listen to crappy music. Usually when I'm on hold I try to do work, it's very hard to do that with crappy music or stupid messages blasting in your ear. You will never be able to please everyone, so nothing is better as far as I'm concerned (we just had this discussion at work as we're getting a new phone system!)

I'll go with A for now but if you don't come back on the line within two minutes I'll hang up and consider a new company to deal with.

I prefer some really good music then it is not as boring sitting there waiting

some low soothing sound. hearing comercals and radio music when i,m on "hold" infuriate me

Source(s): opinion

I really don't care.. what i do is put my cellphone in speaker...

Nothing...