Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

How does my friend tell her dad?

She has been phoning this boy for a month and she thought her dad knew about it. She found out he did not know about and is now trying to fgure out how to tell him. He is a fairly cool dad but is also rather strict. What would be the best way to break it to him?

• Lori
    Favorite Answer

I don't see what the big deal is about phoning him. My dad would be relieved if that's all I was doing with a boy!

Is she allowed to talk to guys? First she should tell her dad like the truth is ive been talking to this boy 4 almost a month if he gets mad say something dramtic then end in saying now talking on the phone to a boy doesnt seem so bad does it.

Ask yourself this first: Has her dad ever forbidden her from talking with boys over the phone? Yes? No? Never? The answer to this question should help you solve her problem. If the answer is either no or never then your friend shouldn't worry about it. If yes, then she should tell her father about it and work something out with him. Good luck!

Did you post a similar question in a different form in a different section? I noticed and am glad I didn't want to answer this twice!

Just tell her to tell her dad. Honesty is the best policy. She should be honest. But I can understand. If her mom knows and is ok with it, and it hasn't gone anywhere yet...than it's just in the ebeginning stages...but still he will find out about it...and then how mad will he be if he knows she wasn't telling him about it? PROBABLY more mad!

When he is in a good mood. Then just come out with it but, parents are not stupid, they have been there and done that, so have all the answers to the questions before hand, that will be thrown at her/you, and don't forget to toss in the trust issue. Good luck.

She needs to be very open and honest with him. He may not like and may even yell or scream. But that's what parents are supposed to do and if hes as cool as you say he will forgive her and be there to pick up the pieces if it should fall apart.

Hey you!

it would have been nice to include the age of this "friend"...however your friend should be honest. I think instead of incriminating herself she should ask her dad if its ok for her to talk to boys on the phone, that way he doesnt know she has spoken,but he is able to speak his peace!

What will he do if he finds out? I mean if he is gonna very angry or crazy about it, then she shouldn't say anything at all. She should call the boy if she still wants to. Good luck.

• It really isn't that big of a deal. Plus i'm sure her dad has talked to a girl on the phone.

I think she should tell her dad that he is just a friend but then later on u tell him that their relationship is starting to become a little more than friendly.