Would this be a good follow up letter to a failed interview?

where I did not get the position in question.....

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your time interviewing me last week. Our conversation definitaley validated and strengthed my interest in pursuing a career at your company.While I am dispapointed by the outcome of the interview, I sincerely hope that we can continue to stay in touch and that perhaps I might make a better fit for your company in the future. Of course, if you have any suggestions as to how I might improve my interview performance, or additional skills I should develop and strengthen in my future outlook, I'd be more than happy to listen.Best regards,XXXXXXXXXXXX

Favorite Answer

I'm not an HR person, but personally I would be impressed by this letter (but you have a couple of spelling corrections to make....you probably know that and just did it quickly for the purpose of this site.) The only thing I might change is in the last full sentence, instead of "I'd be more than happy to listen" I think I would say something like "I would be eager to hear the feedback." It just sounds stronger....less passive.

It sounds okay except for two things- you need to check your spelling because you misspelled definitely, strengthened, and disappointed.

second, it is a good gesture, but you may not get a response simply because the company may not have time to respond. good luck!

Unless you REALLY want to work for this company, I wouldn't waste the time.

instead say you would be more than appreciative not more than happy to listen. other than that, it sounds great & you may actually benefit from it!

sounds good to me.