Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What is the most effective bicep excercise?

Favorite Answer

I've gotten a lot of mileage from preacher curls as well as doing curls while reclining on an incline bench. They allow you to focus on bicep without cheating (using body english to get the weight up).

I agree with the other answerer, however, variety is the key and you want to train other parts of your body. To make your arm bigger (in general) you must include your forearm and tricep (which makes up 2/3rds of the size of your upper arm).

Check out this month's issue of Muscle and Fitness (the one with Brian Urlacher on the cover). They have a good arm workout in there.

Variety is the key. Do bicep curls with a bar, dumbells, underhand grip pull ups. But don't focus on your biceps, you want a well rounded body. I suggest one body part per day twice per week. So do Chest on Monday and Thursday, Back Tuesday and Friday, Arms and legs on Wed. and Sat. or any other variation you want, experiment and see what works best for you.