Anyway to tell what the sex is by not having a ultrasound yet?

• Favorite Answer

no but there are alot of fun websites for you to "take a quiz" to see

No, unfortunately none of the old wives tales about predicting your baby's gender are accurate. Carrying high or low, baby's heart rate, etc., are not accurate.

There are two medical tests that can determine your baby's gender, but because there is some risk to the baby these are only performed if medically necessary (such as if you are at risk for a chromosomal abnormality, like Down's syndrome). These are CVS and amniocentesis, in which a needle is inserted and some cells are removed from the placenta, or some amniotic fluid is withdrawn.

Over the past year some new tests have been widely advertised that claim to be able to determine gender early in pregnancy using just a few drops of the mother's blood. Unfortunately the tests have turned out to be very inaccurate, and have resulted in a class action lawsuit and investigation by law enforcement for fraud. I strongly recommend that you do not waste your money on this type of test.

Sorry, but waiting until an ultrasound at about 18 weeks is the best way to find out your baby's sex! Hang in there, I know the waiting is hard. ;-)

• jm1970

An amnio, but those are not totally safe and a good doctor won't do them without reason.

There is the chinese gender chart that everyone says is so good. It was wrong for me and my son.....I am not a boy and he is not a girl!

I'm in the same boat......I find out 3 weeks from today.....I have no preference, but I'd like to know who's in there!

ultrasound or amnio senthisis, but that has to be after 3 months i think.

well, if you are showing, i've heard (and seen it to be true) that if you carry high it's a boy and if you carry low it's a girl!