Does anyone know how much it is to Rent a laptop from Rent A Center?

Im a college student, and i need a laptop, but i cant really afford one at the moment, and i kind of need it now. Someone suggested Rent A Center....but i went on their website, and i couldnt find any prices. Has anyone done it before, and is it worth it?

Favorite Answer

at one time in my life, I was in between switching careers and needed a job, I got a sales postion at Rent A Center..

They run from 25.99 a week for the basic, no frills model to 47.99 a week for a model with all the luxuries..

there is no difference in weekly price between new and used, but you can get a used one paid for in relativly few payments, new ones can take 2 to 4 years to pay off...

if your going to do it, I suggest used, they are checked over and brought back to factory standards before re rent...

you would be better off going to the library(free) or to kinkos, small charge by the minute. also try :

www.freecycle.org

find your area, and sign up. you may get one that way.

rent a centers are way too expensive. if you could afford that, you could get one from dell for 499.00 on 12 months same as cash.

im sorry but they are the biggest rippoffs there are.i rented to own a washer and dryer,at the stores you can get them both for around $500.00 rip a center was closer tp $950.00 see what staples has to offer,if there's one in you area.there not much better though.can't you use the computers at your school? like for your lab work & email.ask for one early for a graduation present.