Does anyone know how much it is to Rent a laptop from Rent A Center?

Im a college student, and i need a laptop, but i cant really afford one at the moment, and i kind of need it now. Someone suggested Rent A Center....but i went on their website, and i couldnt find any prices. Has anyone done it before, and is it worth it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

at one time in my life, I was in between switching careers and needed a job, I got a sales postion at Rent A Center..

They run from 25.99 a week for the basic, no frills model to 47.99 a week for a model with all the luxuries..

there is no difference in weekly price between new and used, but you can get a used one paid for in relativly few payments, new ones can take 2 to 4 years to pay off...

if your going to do it, I suggest used, they are checked over and brought back to factory standards before re rent...

• 1 decade ago

you would be better off going to the library(free) or to kinkos, small charge by the minute. also try :

www.freecycle.org

find your area, and sign up. you may get one that way.

rent a centers are way too expensive. if you could afford that, you could get one from dell for 499.00 on 12 months same as cash.

• 1 decade ago

im sorry but they are the biggest rippoffs there are.i rented to own a washer and dryer,at the stores you can get them both for around $500.00 rip a center was closer tp $950.00 see what staples has to offer,if there's one in you area.there not much better though.can't you use the computers at your school? like for your lab work & email.ask for one early for a graduation present.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.