is rhubarb poison to eat with an R in the month,like september etc.?

I heard that if you pick rhubarb in a month that has an R in it , it will be poisonous to eat. is this true?

Favorite Answer

You can eat rhubarb stalks at any time. And not all rhubarb stalks turn red, so you don't need to be concerned about the color of the stalks, either.

You shouldn't eat the leaves because of the potential for oxalic acid poisoning. You'd have to eat a lot of rhubarb leaves to do serious harm to yourself, however. Cabbage, spinach, potatoes and peas all contain oxalic acid and most people never ingest enough to harm themselves.

• Ford

Only eat the stalks of rhubarb when they are red. The leaves are poison. The month has nothing to do with it.

I never heard that before, but I know that the leaves of rhubarb are poisonous, so don't eat the leaves ever!

To kill a white tail deer or any other wild game it MUST have an "R" in the month or it will taste gamey. I think it's an old wives tale about rhubarb...?

Only the leaves are poisonous. The r in the month is for rabbit. They have worms.

The leaves are poison

I think that's oysters and clams

• ?

not true is the leaves that u can't eat........