big doggy asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Can somebody please name the Karate belts color and order? Like for example: white, yellow, etc.?

lol i don't know them so can somebody tell me the color and the order that the colors are in?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on the system. Some styles have an advanced yellow, advanced green, advanced blue, etc. My system is as follows.

Yellow

Orange

Purple

Blue

Green

3rd Brown

2nd Brown

1st Brown

Black

• meharg
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Pink Karate Belt

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yellow

Orange

Purple

Blue

Green

3rd Brown

2nd Brown

1st Brown

Black

• 1 decade ago

white yellow orange purple green brown red BLACK.TYE KWON DO-ORDER.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Different styls of Karate have different belt rankings.

I take/teach Shito-ryu Karate.

Our belt rankings are as follows...

White

Red (for kids under 8, adults go to yellow)

Yellow

Orange

Blue

Purple

Green

Green with one brown stripe

Brown

Brown with one black stripe

Brown with two black stripes

Black 1

Black 2

etc.

Hope this is what your looking for

Source(s): 10+ years of training and teaching Karate
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on the color, style and school. But in general

White, yellow, green blue, purple, red, brown, black

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LIke most other answers, it depends on the style.

I practice Tang Soo Do, and the belt sequence is : White, Orange, Green, Red, Black.

There are also different levels of each color belt, for example, White Belts have to earn 2 blue stripes before moving onto an Orange belt. An Orange belt has to earn 6 stripes (2 orange, 2 blue, and 2 black) before moving onto a Green Belt... and so on.

Also, the school I practice with does not have belt fees...it is all included in the yearly tuition, so that has nothing to do with it. It lets the instructors and peers know what level you are at. Also, certain forms have to be learned in order to earn stripes on a belt. It provides a sense of accomplishment and provides short term goals ( especially good for the children) as well as long term goals.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on what martial art you take. The Americanized version have all kinds of colors, with different color bands. Though I sound cynical, its because they make good money off of belt tests. But, for instance, in traditional Shotokan, there is only levels of white, brown and black (called ques). Why? Because the more experience you have in fights, the dirtier your belt would get. White for newbies, black for the most experienced.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axE56

I have a black belt 1st degree in Tae Kwon Do (korean karate). Colors vary by schools, but here's how they are in my school. Belt colors and ranking in order: White Yellow (some schools use a White 1st degree instead) Orange (some use a White 2nd degree) Green Blue Purple (some schools use a blue and red mix instead) Red Brown Brown 1st degree Black 1st degree (1 yr before allowed to test for 2nd deg.) Black 2nd degree (Can run a school recognized by ITF) Black 3rd degree Black 4th degree Black 5th degree Black 6th degree (minimum 20 yrs of training) Black 7th degree Black 8th degree (It took my instructor 37 yrs to earn this) Black 9th degree Black 10th degree, Grand Master (Chuck Norris is this rank. One must practice martial arts for more than 40 years to be awarded the title) Starting with purple, students must accumulate at least 24 class hours in rank before they can promote again. I had asked my instructor why some schools are different in the lower belt colors. My instructor said that he uses all available colors so he can tell what level students are from afar. Karate suits= My school wears white suits in spring and summer, and black in fall and winter. Saturday classes and tournaments allow either suit or mixing, such as wearing the white top with the black pants, or vice versa. "macdaddy", the word karate is a generic term. NOBODY"S black belt is really in karate. It is usually in Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, or various other styles. My instructor's master was the guy who brought TKD to Vietnam after WWII. TKD by itself is not good for up close. 5 akido moves are incorporated with each belt level at my school.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

white white with yellow tabs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.