Is it OK to drive a nitro RC truck on a damp surface?

I am looking for a nitro model to drive when it's damp (eg. after it rains) because I can't drive my electric truck in those conditions. I will usually run it off of a lot of jumps (at the local offroad track). I currently drive a DuraTrax Evader ST Pro.

I forgot to mention the Evader ST Pro is an electric model. I'm looking at a Traxxas Nitro Rustler, Nitro Sport, or DuraTrax Nitro Evader ST Prebuilt.

Favorite Answer

as long as the electric components are sealed and you check the air filter often it shouldn't be a problem on any nitro. they make a evader in nitro also ( big .21 engine). The local track here often wets the dirt track before a race to make it tacky and I haven't seen any problems except that the moisture makes things stick to the filter a little better

You're right because your electronic cars may be short-circuited by the damp surface.

• Pat

It should be as long as none of the electrical parts are exposed (not covered by pannels)