Is this tacky or what? I know a guy who gets excited when he finds change on the ground,?

pennies or a few cents. He also like to go to a restaraunt that has a salad bar and he fills up on salad and then takes his entree home in a doggy bag. I don't see anything wrong with this as an individual as I enjoy getting free samples and stuff but it's not something I would brag to a date about. Shouldn't those tacky little money saving things he does be kept to himself. Cheap when it becomes just plain tacky is a turnoff.

Favorite Answer

Taking delight in finding spare change is not the same as being tacky or cheap. I'm always happy to find something useful--a tool that fell out of a truck into the street, some quarters at a playground or under a grandstand--it's a little like finding buried treasure. I once walked along a railroad and found a huge old wrench in the ballast under the tracks that was used to repair steam engines-- a lot of train nuts would pay good money for it but I got it just by paying attention. A person who can't take delight in simple pleasures is ready to die, I think. And don't they say that the best things in life are free?

Don't get too hung up on details like that but try to see the whole person.