Is this tacky or what? I know a guy who gets excited when he finds change on the ground,?

pennies or a few cents. He also like to go to a restaraunt that has a salad bar and he fills up on salad and then takes his entree home in a doggy bag. I don't see anything wrong with this as an individual as I enjoy getting free samples and stuff but it's not something I would brag to a date about. Shouldn't those tacky little money saving things he does be kept to himself. Cheap when it becomes just plain tacky is a turnoff.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Taking delight in finding spare change is not the same as being tacky or cheap. I'm always happy to find something useful--a tool that fell out of a truck into the street, some quarters at a playground or under a grandstand--it's a little like finding buried treasure. I once walked along a railroad and found a huge old wrench in the ballast under the tracks that was used to repair steam engines-- a lot of train nuts would pay good money for it but I got it just by paying attention. A person who can't take delight in simple pleasures is ready to die, I think. And don't they say that the best things in life are free?

Don't get too hung up on details like that but try to see the whole person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.