Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Do you make homemade pasta sauce for your pasta?

There are lots of kinds, it doesn't have to be red sauce.

Favorite Answer

Red sauce for the freezer and other sauce any time.!!!!

Here's my recipe for sauce which has been a big secret up to now. It's delicious with meat balls.

Combine 2 29oz cans of tomato puree, 2 cloves of minced garlic,1/2 C chopped parsley, 1/2 lb of sliced mushrooms, 3/4 C dry red wine, 2T of dried basil, 1T oregano leaves, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp.sugar, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1 and 1/2 C water. Simmer gently for 1 hr.

Yes I make a red spaghetti sauce usually flavored with hot italian sausage. I haven't made it over the summer, but will soon. This way I can get 3 meals out of it.. yum yum

For extra zing in your pasta sauce, add the oil from a tin of anchovies. Sounds strange, but is great.

Yes. I like pesto. It's very easy to make. You just need some extra virgin olive oil, some fresh basil, and some pinecones. You grind them all together till you have a semi-smooth sauce. Add some parmigiano and you are good to go!

Always....never touch the canned stuff ! Even have a super one for fish with pasta...creamy like Alfredo's but with almost no calories

I don't make homemade pasta because the store bought ones are so good! You can even add tomatos to them.

depends on my mood and how i feel, sometimes i use canned, but i always have the stuff available if i feel adventurous and have the time to make it, speaking in terms of tomatoe based sauces. but i always make my alfredo from scratch.

Yes, in fact the only thing I put in the tomatoes is Greek Oregano

• Newt

Always have - always will. I make the time to make tha sauce.

Source(s): The Mind of Newt