Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

if george lucas is doing a star wars tv series which i heared is a rumour do you think it be any good?

is it also true in star wars episode 3 in a very small part of the film where anakin and ben knobi saved palpatine you can see the han solos ship at the docking bay and also how did chewie first meet han i heared han was once part of the imperials and he saved chewie from inslavement from the empire dont know if its true or not whats is the history between those two would love to know

Favorite Answer

I think it will be great! Lucas has stated that he will direct the first season, and then thankfully he will then hand it off to another director!

It will be fascinating to see the storyline between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I, personally, would love to have the show center around Boba Fett, and show abit of Vader travelling the galaxy exterminating the last few remaining Jedi. Also, it would be obvious to think that it will show the start of the Rebellion.

Han Solo saved Chewbacca from Imperial enslavement. The Imperials used Wookies for slavery. After he saved him, Chewie owed him a life debt.

I don't know about seeing the Millenium Falcon in the docking bay in Episode III. Will have to look again.

Whatever happens, I think that it will be fantastic!

Lucas is doing a TV series, he confirmed it personally at celebration 3. I think it will be cool because of all the press releases ive seen the few thing they are saying is that they are going to concentrate on minor characters, and the stories are going to be dark and gritty. About your other questions, I dont think the Falcon is in the docking bay of the ICS ship. If it were it would have been desroyed with the ship when Aniken and Obi crashed it. As far as the last question, I dont know a lot about Han and Chewies relationship. All I know is that Han somehow saved his life and he owes him a life debt.

I don't think the series would work. right after anakin crash lands grievises ship, when anakin and obi-wan are coming in on transport, watch closly at the bottom of the screen and you will see a YT-1300 (millenium falcon) flying out of one of the docking bays. Han was once a imperial leutenant, the imperials used the wookies as slaves,

han had been saved by a wookie who partialy raised him earlyer in his life. Because of this when he saw an imperial beating a wookie slave (chewbacca) he killed the slaver and saved chewie. Han of course had to flee the imperials with chewie and return to his life of smuggling. Because of han saving his life chewie owes him a life debt. Read the Han Solo trilogy (Paradise Snare, Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn)

Source(s): The Han Solo trilogy

yes they are doing a show. not to be confused with the clone wars animated series. a completely different show. not sure when it starts though, and i'm not sure if it's really necessary. in fact, it make be a turn-off to those semi-interested in star wars. the only fanbase it will apeal to is the hardcore star wars geeks. Yes also to the falcon docking thing as well. i just happened to see it at the bottom of the screen the first time i saw it. besides that, i dont think that other stuff is right, because i doubt that the empire would choose to enslave the one Wookie left...

Lucas started believing his own press clippings and went off the deep end.

His later stories lacked cohesion, and had way too much cute stuff in them.

The Star Wars forays into TV (there is a classic Star Wars Thanksgiving special, you can find clips on the internet) were bombs. And honestly sci-fi (Battlestar Galactica, Quark) doesn't do well in prime time.

I don't think his stories translate well into TV, certainly not w/ Lucas himself directing.

If George Lucas was in charge I would bet the farm on it being a hit. My only suggestion would be that the whole series be planned out in advance...just like Babylon 5....the story should have a beginning, middle, and an end

It think it won't be that good (as usual), it'll be - far - less significant then the movie, but it'll still be something for Star Wars Fan, they'll still watching it even if it turn out to be sucks.

myself look forward to it even thou i believe that i would disappointed to it.

it'd be terrible and would be the same as other spin off shows from films. they'll cheapen the whole thing. Its only to make money, which george lucas already has plenty of!

• TC

No. It will be crap. Lucas is past it.

But it will be marketed so aggressively that noone will notice it is crap, so it will be a hit anyway.

I think it would be crap