When should I tell I am pregnant?

I already told my hubby, fam, and friends, but dunno when to tell my boss and coworkers.... i am 9 weeks pg. I've been working here for a year.

Favorite Answer

I would tell them now, so they can get someone else trained to take over your position while you are out on Maternity Leave. Also, if you have morning sickness they will be more willing to understand why you keep disappearing to the bathroom. And will be aware that you have doctors appointments that you will need the schedule worked around.

If you are going to tell anyone make sure it is after the first trimester. Usually after 3 months you are ok, but if you arent really showing then wait until the last min, when you know people will notice you are pregnant! And congrats!

I would tell your co-workers now, I would tell your boss first and then let him know when you want to take Maternity leave(I took mine 1 month before I delivered) when you will be coming back from maternity and things like that. Don't be afraid! Good luck and God bless!

Wait until you are definantly showing. Ask a trusted girl friend to let you know when it is on the verge of undeniable. Then tell work, and play it off as if you just found out yourself. That's what I would do.

Where I used to work--- I told my boss at 3 months. It was on my employee handbook under maternity leave. All companies are different. If the place you work at has maternity leave then it is good to let them know.

I'd wait at least until after your first trimester. By then, your risk for miscarriage drops dramatically, so it's generally safe to share the good news. It would be tragic to get everyone all happy and excited to tell them now, and then have a miscarriage.

I would tell them as early as possible. They have to find a replacement for you for a few months. Also they will help you with all the papers you need to fill out for when you are on leave. They will appreciate the honesty.

Wait as long as you can. When the and if the question arises. Just answer that you werent' sure and didn' t want to get your hopes up high. Good luck and God bless you and your baby!

personally i think that you should tell your boss as soon as possible that way you can make arrangements leading to your due date that way there are no surprises in the near future saying he/she did not know , and can possibly make accomadations for you after you have your baby if you wanted to come back.

• love

I would say right before you start to show, around 4 months.