O'Hare to St Charles?

I need to travel from O'Hare airport to St Charles, but on a Sunday night after my flight lands at 9pm. I don't really feel like an exhorbitant taxi fee, so at the moment I'm looking at this option:

- Subway from O'Hare to downtown

- Metratrail from Chicago to Geneva

- Taxi from Geneva station to my location.

Now, time isn't really an issue, so if it takes 4 hours that's fine. I see there's a train from Chicago to Geneva at around 11pm, which would mean I would get into Geneva pretty late.

So, my first question is could I find a taxi at that time in Geneva?

Second question, is there a better option?

Thanks

In reference to the answer below - I agree that I should organise a taxi beforehand.

However I'm a little confused regarding your comment saying that taking the subway would be similar to a taxi, and that the trip in general would be a big expense regardless: on the CTA website it says that a trip from O'Hare to Ogilvie would be around $5.

From there to Geneva the train would be about $10 (max). im not sure about the taxi from geneva to st charles, but im thinking it wont be more than say, $20?

i heard frmo a friend that he paid $95 for a taxi from the airport to st charles, so i still think it's much cheaper - or am i wrong?

• tichur
    Best Answer

You may have figured out the best way already besides a car rental. I don't think the CTA ride will deliver you too close to the Northwestern station however. Less hassles would a cab ride.

I found 1 cab Co in St Chas in my search.

001 Choice Cab Inc.

Phone number: +1 630 377-7067

It's a local #. They would have a flat rate from ORD. Cheaper than a Chgo cab. You would have to call them when you arrive and wait for the cab to pick you up at a pre determined location. They are not allowed to hang around the airport. They have to be called for a pick up.

5 cabs in Geneva:

Classic Taxi (630) 697-6760

001 Choice Cab (630) 232-4302

AAA Ataxi (630) 232-2811

Fox Cab Dispatch (630) 262-8822

Checker LLC (630) 845-9090

Source(s): Chgo suburbanite YAHOO SEARCH: taxi geneva illinois

I would take a limo or shuttle service from O'Hare to St. Charles. It shouldn't cost more than about $60, and it would be so much easier (and more fun!) than taking the train and a taxi. I've heard of people using Continental Airport Express, and they provide shuttles to many suburbs (including St. Charles). This option costs only about $50. Check it out and give them a call! I live in the area and in my experience, this has been the best option. I've never known anyone to take a train and then a taxi as well, although I'm sure it's possible. (I just think it would be a huge pain, plus I bet it would end up being more than $20)

Either way , you're gonna have to pay a hefty price to travel that day.

By taking the subway downtown , you're could accrue a cost of taxi fare to Geneva (not an option, too much moola) .

The Metra rail is a cheaper and better option, however, will you be in close proximity of your location ?

Is there anyone you call call to pick you up from the Metra station ?

If not , you might wanna consider having taxi info handy by the time you reach your destination.

I would take a taxi from O'Hare to the Metra station in Elmhurst. It's about 10 miles, at night it should be pretty quick. The Metra train will pick you up at 11:12pm and get you into Geneva at 11:47pm. I'd suggest waiting around at O'Hare until about 10:30pm and then catch the cab. It might be nicer to kill time there than at the train station.

There are taxi services that have flat rates. You can look into that or ask a friend to pick you up and buy them dinner or something.

take a limo. you can get a limo from about $50 and no hassles

• This is the company which i last time took (St Charles Taxi Shuttle) Taxi from O Hare to St Charles IL Starting at very less Prices the website is http://stcharlesairporttaxi.website/ and the telephone number is 630-847-2286 and they are charging $45