Zoe
Zoe asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

GUESS WHAT??? Is this an example- El Paso having a very low crime rate ?

El Paso averages about 2,500 family violence calls each month. That's about 83 calls a day -- one every 17 minutes. May was the busiest of the year with more than 2,900 calls logged at 911.El Paso -

www.kfoxtv.com/family/9241342/detail.html

8-28-06

El Paso Times Head Lines-Police find body of Horizon woman in Central EP home-Police continue to search for somebody who they said shot and injured another person in the parking lot of an East El Paso bar early Sunday. El Paso..These are just a few examples.And that's considered safe ?

angela R those links are old and outdated. I'm in 2006. Find some current information. Not stuff 2-3 years old. Bake the cake and eat it too.

Alberto hispanics are not GOD'S. Good God. Walk around some of these neighbours at 3 in the morning then make your comments. Don't be mad that's what the paper stated as facts.

• Sashie
    Best Answer

Considering El Paso is a sanctuary city comprising of mainly Hispanics, I would be very surprised if they would caca in their own nest ... don't talk about getting real, if you want to make comparisons, be fair about it, and for God's sake stop being ostriches and pull the head out of the sand ...

Alberto ... not very difficult to "secure the border" if you turn a blind eye to the illegals crossing it ... jeez ....

I don't know about the crime rate. We didn't have many problems, nor heard of too many when we were stationed there for over 2 years BUT I would be hard pressed to blame the family violence calls ALL on Hispanics.

El Paso has a large military presence and "lately" the burden put on our military has made home life very ruff for some. With the constant turn around (one year here and one year in Iraq), I would imagine families are wore thin. We live in a military town NOW and our domestic violence calls are staggering over the last two years.

I am not saying the crime rate is low.......I just think this ALSO has an impact.

• DAR

El Paso is also a sanctuary city that doesn't like deporting illegals. I posted this in a recent question about the guy recently arrested for personal involvement in 10 rape murders and potential connection to hundreds more in the town across the border from El Paso:

"Almost 400 women have been slain in Juarez since 1993, about 100 of them in similar ways, generally involving rape, strangulation and mutilation.

There's no record of any deportations in the 1990s, but Granados pleaded guilty in 2001 to felony cocaine possession in exchange for 10 years probation and a promise to stay in Mexico and out of trouble. The probation was to be revoked if Granados re-entered the United States illegally, got caught with drugs or committed any crimes.

Granados did all that and more: Since receiving the probated sentence, he's been arrested, charged or convicted on county, state and federal offenses in the United States at least six times, records show. His latest charge came in January, when he grabbed a television set in the county jail and smashed it on the floor, according to an El Paso sheriff's deputy."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/ccti...

The guy clearly found it better to hide in the US, given El Paso's forbearing nature. El Paso's stance is a hole in our border defense.

• cambi

"there have been basically 18 murders in El Paso final 12 months, in a city of 736,000 human beings." it truly is seen low? u . s . of america is a tragic place. I stay in a city of three hundred,000 and we easy a homicide a 12 months if that.

• sly

Naw, that isn't true...

El Paso is a very safe city, and it's right on the border...

Just look at crime in LA county....

I think El Paso made it to the top 25 safest cities

LOL!!! Just because you read a little article that exists in every city you want to turn it around to support your anti-immigration point of view? Ha, sorry, not here sweat heart. You didn't get me. Of course. Every city has crime. El Paso is one of the 2nd safest city in America. El Paso is made up of 80% Hispanics. What you read might be true, but that you say is unsafe, WRONG AGAIN.

You see, I know why you are mad. But You just don't have the guts to say it. So here Ill tell the people why. You are mad because there was a recent article that the head of the Border Patrol was not only not making progress in securing the border, but was to some point being said that he was turning a "blind eye" on undocumented immigrants. That's funny, Gov. Perry and the secretary of homeland security were in El Paso just a few weeks ago. Stop the whining, its for your own good.

Great Anwser Angela. You put her right on her place. Now you know what I mean about people getting all of these made up statistics and using them to their own anti-immigration views? Good one. That was soooooooo embarrasing for ZOE.

SHE WALKED IN WITH THIS QUESTION LIKE A LION AND CAME OUT CRAWLING LIKE A KITTEN!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): Another made up story from Zoe. Angelas websites are right on the money on TODAYS NEWS!!!! Geeeeeeee........ Do you really think people are going to believe what you are saying and not find out the real anwnsers by simply clicking on that wb site? Why didnt you post a link to your accusation? Im begginig to think you are PAt Buchanans Ghost Writer. And I have walked around neighborhoods at 3 in the morning you dork. UNBELIEVABLE.

Good info .Something elst that the local media doesnt show.It seems like once again if you bring true statistics to show against illegal immigration the pro illegals here just ignore it and scream racism. <typical

Hey Zoe please read the link.....I know my own city please!

CITIES OF 500,000 OR MORE POPULATION: (32 cities)

El Paso ranks 2nd in the safest city....

WHATCHA THINK OF THEM APPLES JD????

Imagine a town that welcomes undocumented workers, being so safe????? hmmmmmmm

Hey Zoe, its still safe and has been for years.....A city doesn't go bad in 2 years....You just can't admit when your wrong, can you?

Sashie, no need to get nasty.....Ummmm it shows your true colors.....

• Compare that to another place in the U.S.A.

COMPARE IT TO DETROIT, NEW YORK CITY. I LIVED IN EL PASO AND I FEEL MORE SECURE THERE THAN IN MINORITY HATING GEORGIA, ALABAMA, MISSISSIPPI AND ALL THOSE BARS AND STARS STATES.