Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Do You Know the Name of The Flute song that plays at the beginning of the movie Ladder 49 ?

its not in the soundtrack ..i hope someone can help me out with it ! thanx

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The first link is the official credited soundtracks for Ladder 49. The four songs below are not on the Soundtrack CD (at second link) - so it must be one of these.

"Working for the Weekend"

Written by Paul Warren Dean, Matthew Robert Frenette and Michael John Rynoski

"Happy Birthday to You"

Written by Mildred J. Hill and Patty S. Hill

Hoy Hoy Hoy (Rockin' on Christmas Eve)"

Written by Danny Harvey and Gary Twinn

Performed by Honeydippers

Courtesy of Cleopatra Records

By Arrangement with Media Creature Music

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

Written by Thomas Connor

• 3 years ago

Ladder 49 Soundtrack

• 1 decade ago

The piece you are looking for was written specifically for this movie and is part of the orchastral score thus no specific title. The composer is William Ross who also wrote scores for Tuck Everlasting. Below is a critique given by a UK movie critic. Sorry, but you probably won't be able to find this on any CDs right now though you could probably get similar sounds by finding CDs by William Ross. On the soundtrack he composed #13 also.

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/ahitf05.htm

Working with Russell for the third time is composer William Ross, who after a decade of scoring kids films and rather silly comedies, has been given a shot at writing music for something with more meat and muscle. As one would expect, the story inspired Ross to write one of the best scores of his career, although at times (and as has been the case in many of his more prominent works) he leans a little too heavily on the temp-track, which seems to consist of a great deal of James Horner. To capture the working-class roots of the firemen, the Maryland locale, as well as some of the characters’ ethnic background, much of Ross’s score is infused with a touch of the Irish. Fiddles and an occasional pipe feature heavily in the orchestral score, adding an intrinsic sense of emotion to an already rich sound.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.